The EAU represents the leading authority within Europe on urological practice, research and education. Over 15,000 medical professionals have joined its ranks and contribute to our mission: To raise the level of urological care throughout Europe and beyond.
- To act as the representative body for European urologists and facilitate the continued development of urology and all its supraspecialties
- To foster the highest standards of urological care throughout Europe
- To encourage urological research and enable the broadcasting of its results
- To promote contributions to the medical and scientific literature by its members
- To promote European urological achievements worldwide
- To establish European standards for training and urological practice
- To contribute to the determination of European urological health care policies
- To disseminate high quality urological information to patients and public
To achieve its goals, the EAU relies on an efficient structure of constituent bodies. The EAU’s daily administration is governed by the Executive Committee with support from the administrative headquarters, the EAU Central Office.
The EAU Executive Committee may set up Offices which are tasked with special projects. Currently, several Offices are grouped under the EAU’s Governance, Science, Education and Communication units.