Learn from leading experts in the field. EUSP Clinical Visit offers the opportunity for young urologists to sharpen their skills in a foreign European country for a period of six weeks to three months.
- Applicant should be certified urologist or urologist in training aged under 40 years
- Applicant should have at least 3PubMed publications
- Membership of the EAU is mandatory
- A letter of acceptance from the Chairman and/or Programme Director of the host institution is required
- An EAU-EBU Certified host centre is preferred but not mandatory
- The selected start date of the Clinical Visit should be at least 3 months after the application deadline (which is 1 January, 1 May or 1 September)
A maximum grant of €3,000 is available for each accepted Clinical Visit. The EUSP grant is meant to finance travel, accommodation & costs of living only for the applicant, and not for accompanying persons. The EUSP grant will be transferred in 2 parts; 80% of the total grant will be transferred approximately 1 month before the start date, the last 20% will be transferred after the final report & financial overview have been received & approved by the EUSP Board. The applicant should provide a complete financial overview together with a proof of payment of travel, accommodation, insurance and continuing expenses in the home country, after the Clinical Visit.
The scholar is required to present a report within 1 month after the Clinical Visit which should include:
- The clinical or scientific achievement
- Impressions of the host institution
- Evaluation of the provisions that have been made by the host institution for the successful conduct of the Visit
Candidates should apply online and upload the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of passport
- List with PubMed publications only (including PubMed ID numbers)
- Motivation letter
- Recommendation letter of at least 2 senior urologists from the applicants country
- A time schedule / detailed programme of the Clinical Visit
The deadline for application is 1 January, 1 May & 1 September of each year.
Applications are reviewed by the EUSP Board. The final outcome will be communicated to the applicant within 3 months after the application deadline, therefore the selected start date of the Clinical Visit should be at least 3 months after the application deadline (which is 1 January, 1 May or 1 September).
The regulations of the host institution where the research project is conducted will apply to the intellectual property as well as any financial benefits resulting from the research performed under the terms and conditions of this scholarship. All the publications must acknowledge the support of the European Urological Scholarship Programme.