Proactive and hands-on advocacy is a core value for the EAU. Engagement with the EU and regulatory bodies is crucial to address issues related to urology.
Therefore, the EAU will:
- Engage and advise EU Commissioners and MEPs in key areas of interest, raising the profile of urology at the European level
- Collaborate with EU level patient organisations, medical societies and other regulatory bodies, to present a strong advocacy front that benefits urologists and their patients.
- Collect scientific evidence, to provide evidence-based responses to EU consultations.
- Highlight EU funding opportunities relevant for the EAU members and provide advice on accessing EU funds.
- Inform members about EU legislative changes to ensure that EAU members always operate within the most up-to-date regulatory framework.
- Participate in European Reference Networks (ERNs), to facilitate access to diagnosis, treatment and high-quality, cost-effective health care for patients in multidisciplinary settings.
- Stimulate information exchange at European level to improve urological education, and foster knowledge exchange.