Do you like to work for an international organisation and to have wide variety of tasks? Are you experienced in organising (scientific) congresses from scratch? Please read on!
Congress Consultants B.V. is an international Professional Congress Organiser (PCO) which provides the full range of services necessary to make every meeting, event or congress successful. We organise mainly urology-related scientific meetings and congresses for the European Association of Urology. We divide our projects between several accomplished project teams. Each team consists of a Project Manager and several Project Assistants.
For two of our project teams we are searching for an enthusiastic, experienced and motivated:
(senior) Project Assistant f/m
32-40 hrs a week
The Project Assistant is responsible for independently organising different meetings (congresses) or certain aspects of those meetings. All projects generally include the following tasks:
- Preparing the meeting’s scientific programme with its scientific committee
- Invite speakers
- Facilitate abstract process (submission, processing, review, publications)
- Organising the venue, hotel selection and the logistics of the meeting
- Go on site inspections to check and select venues and hotels in Europe
- Book flight and accommodation arrangements for speakers
- Arrange necessary audio-visual materials, hostesses, security, signage, transport etc
- Organise social events (dinners etc)
- Arrange exhibition set up and management
- Promoting the meeting
- Arrange promotion and advertising
- Develop publications (app, flyers, postcards, email newsletters etc.)
- Coordinating registrations
- See to a smooth and successful progress of the meeting onsite
- Liaison with delegates, speakers, suppliers, venues and exhibitors
- Monitor communication means (website, news feeds, webcasts, App, social media)
- Occasionally attend board meetings and take minutes
We are looking for a senior level Project Assistant with
- at least 3 years of experience in organising congresses or meetings
- a clear understanding of what a congress consists of
- preferably an education in Event, Leisure or Hotel Management, Tourism or Communications
- excellent writing and speaking skills in English and a profound knowledge of Microsoft Office and with knowledge of CRM systems.
Additionally that you are flexible, stress-proof and result-oriented and you like to travel within Europe up to ten times a year including overnight and weekends, with up to two weeks a year working at the Annual EAU Congress.
Terms of employment
Within the organisation, ample opportunities exist for personal and professional growth. We offer an attractive salary package (2.300-2.900 euro gross a month) including an 80% employer pension contribution, collective insurance and a very interesting position in an informal and international working environment.
For more information please contact Marije Koops or Susan Brenninkmeijer, Project Managers T: 026 389 17 51. Please mail your letter of application and CV attn. Sanne Gerritsen, Manager Human Resources, to firstname.lastname@example.org.