The European Medicine Agency (EMA) has established ‘eligibility criteria’ in order to make sure that it only establishes dialogue with the most suitable organisations that act in the interests of European patients, consumers and healthcare professionals. The European Association of Urology would like to engage in dialogue with the EMA and has provided the following information for the evaluation of eligibility.
As part of the evaluation for eligibility, the European Association of Urology has provided the following financial information (2016) to by assessed by the parameters as set by the European Medicine Agency:
- Royalties EAU scientific journal: 13.55%, 50% non-industry – 50% industry
- Results EAU meetings: 77.18%, 50% non-industry, 50% industry
- Membership fees: 6.35%, 100% non-industry
- Educational grants: 1.46%, 100% industry
- Other educational products and services: 1.46%, 100% non-industry
|Overall proportion of industry and non-industry:||39.87 vs 60.13%|
The following pharmaceutical companies provide funding to EAU:
- Astellas Pharma Europe Ltd
- Ipsen Innovation
- Cook Medical Europe Ltd.
- Olympus Europa SE & Co. KG
- Intuitive Surgical Sarl
- Janssen Pharmaceutica NV
- Karl Storz GmbH & Co. KG
- GlaxoSmithKline Services Unlimited
- Merck sharp & Dohme Corp.
- Recordati Industria Chimica e farmaceutica S.p.A.
- Ferring International Center S.A.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
The highest contribution from a single company is less than 6% of the organisation’s total income.
Geographic Spread of EAU Membership
Code of Ethics
In order to ensure good governance, interactions should be based on fundamental principles of integrity, mutual respect, responsiveness, accountability, collaboration and transparency. The EAU Code of Ethics set standards for industry partners with regard to ethical interactions with the healthcare community. In order to make funding partnerships work in practice, to ensure the integrity of both the funder and EAU is maintained, and to demonstrate to other stakeholders that our relationships are absolutely scrupulous, the following key principles underpin our acceptance of funding.