How have the recent clinical trials in Prostate Cancer informed my practice choices?
This second module of the four webinar series will cover management issues in patients biochemical relapse following definitive therapy, and metastatic disease (hormone-sensitive and castrate-resistant).
Topics to cover in this session:
- The shifting landscape of hormonal therapy for advanced prostate cancer, with earlier implementation of androgen pathways
- How does real life treatment of prostate cancer differ from patients defined in clinical trials
- How does optimal CVD management influence overall outcome?
- Collaboration across specialties?
- How to monitor/minimize CV toxicity
|Organiser||This educational programme has been independently developed and approved by the International Cardio-Oncology Society, Canadian Urological Association together with the European Association of Urology and funded by a grant from Ferring Pharmaceuticals.|
Juan Gómez Rivas, MD
Department of Urology
Hospital Clínico San Carlos in Madrid, Spain
Katie Zhang, MD
Department of Internal Medicine
UT Southwestern Medical Center, USA
- Pivotal trials that have changed my practice
Prof. Ricardo Rendon, MD
Department of Urology,
Dalhousie University, Canada
- The role of different hormonal based therapies in Prostate Cancer
Alicia Morgans, MD, MPH
Genitourinary Medical Oncologist
Medical Director of the Survivorship Program
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, USA
- Summarising the CV toxicities for prostate cancer therapies (including the PRONOUNCE trial)
Prof. Renato Lopes, MD, PhD
Member in the Duke Clinical Research Institute, USA
- Discussion/question and answer, 15 minutes
This educational programme has been independently developed and approved by the International Cardio-Oncology Society, Canadian Urological Association together with the European Association of Urology and funded by a grant from Ferring Pharmaceuticals.