Sign up for the European Association of Urology – Society of Urologic Oncology Exchange Programme! A two-week scholarship in the USA for European Onco-Urologists
For the EAU-SUO Scholar Exchange Programme, each medical association may send one of its members for a two-week scholarship at a department of choice before or after the respective association’s Annual Meeting.
In 2021, the visit will take place for two weeks after the Annual Meeting of the SUO, held in Orlando on 1 – 3 Dec, 2021 (visit will be from 4 – 18 Dec, 2021). The applicant will attend the congress and preferably have submitted an abstract to the congress to encourage scientific exchange. The applicant will file a 2-page report to the EAU within one month of returning. All meeting registration fees will be waived and travel and accommodation will be covered by the EAU and SUO.
The Society of Urologic Oncology
The SUO was founded in 1984, with a mission to enable qualified members primarily interested in the care of patients with malignant GU diseases to meet for the purpose of discussion, development and implementation of ideas to improve care. It stimulates research and teaching in urologic oncology, disseminates the principles of urologic oncology to medical profession at large and brings urologists into a society whose work is principally in malignant disease.
- The applicant must be a Active EAU Member
- The applicant must be a high profile young Onco-Urologist within eight years of completing fellowship training
- The applicant will work with their senior faculty to identify a host institution and mentor at that institution that will expose and educate the applicant on a new technique or technology in: basic, health services or translational research, or a clinical technique or method.
- The hosting institution’s department chair will provide a letter of agreement and commitment to the visit.
- The applicant is required to submit a written two-page (2) proposal describing the unmet need, opportunity and plans to implement the new knowledge upon returning.
- It is assumed that the exchange program selectee will have appropriate approvals from their home institution if required.
We look forward to receiving your application before 15 August 2021.
All applications will be reviewed by a joint committee of the EAU (EAU Executive & ESOU)
The applicant will file a two-page report to the EAU within one month of returning. The report should include but not limited to goals and objectives achieved, and plans for future research or changes in clinical practice resulting from the exchange.
If, for any reason, the selected applicant is unable to complete the exchange as outlined in the proposal above, he / she is responsible for returning any deposited funds to the EAU.