This Hands-on Training course is to introduce the trainee into the laser tissue interaction of the Thulium and Holmium 2 micron continuous wave and pulsed laser with the use of different training stations:
- At the cutting effect workstation, the trainee will try the laser on cadaver tissue submerged in water.
- At the BPH workstation, the trainee will be able to undertake a procedure with the RevoLix Thulium laser on artificial tissue substrate on a realistic prostate training device.
- At the lithotripsy workstation. the trainee will try the Sphinx jr. Holmium laser in an extracorporal manner on artificial stones and in a true to life artificial organ
Aims and objectives
- The trainee will understand the tissue vaporization effect by the Thulium 2 micron continuous wave laser, the limited depth of tissue damage and how to vaporize and to perform a cut in tissue
- The trainee also may cut the sample tissue by cold knife for visual inspection of the tissue damage zone
- The trainee is challenged to insert the laser resectoscope into the artificial organ of the training device, manoeuvre the resectoscope in the artificial prostatic urethra and to vaporize and cut tissue samples
- The trainee can experience the handling with rigid endoscopes, insert the endoscopes into the artificial renal pelvis and identify stones in order to perform fragmentation and dusting of the stones by pulsed Holmium laser
Target audience: Beneficial for novice and experienced surgeons wishing to learn the more about the procedures