To support young urologists, the EUSP provides the Short Visit (SV) for the chosen candidates to experience first-rate urological care, for a period of two or three weeks, in a centre of excellence in a foreign European country. This visit can only be done in preparation of a one year scholarship or a one year clinical fellowship.
- Applicant should be certified urologist or urologist in training aged under 40 years
- Applicant should have at least 3PubMed publications
- Membership of the EAU is mandatory
- A written (draft) project proposal of at least three A-4 pages, for a 1-year Scholarship, should be already included in the application
- A letter of acceptance from the Chairman and/or Programme Director of the host institution is required
- An EAU-EBU Certified host center is preferred but not mandatory
- The selected start date of the Short Visit should be at least 3 months after the application deadline (which is 1 January, 1 May or 1 September)
A maximum grant of €2,000 is available for each accepted Short Visit. The EUSP grant is meant to finance travel, accommodation & costs of living only for the applicant, and not for accompanying persons. The EUSP grant will be transferred in 2 parts; 80% of the total grant will be transferred approximately 1 month before the start date, the last 20% will be transferred after the final report & financial overview have been received & approved by the EUSP Board. The applicant should provide a complete financial overview together with a proof of payment of travel, accommodation, insurance and continuing expenses in the home country, after the Short Visit.
The scholar is required to present a report within 1 month after the Short Visit which should include:
- The clinical or scientific achievement
- Impressions of the host institution
- Evaluation of the provisions that have been made by the host institution for the successful conduct of the Visit
Candidates should apply online and upload the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of passport
- List with PubMed publications only (including PubMed ID numbers)
- Motivation letter
- Recommendation letter of at least 2 senior urologists from the applicants country
- A detailed project description including a time frame for the 1-year Scholarship
Applications are reviewed by the EUSP Board. The final outcome will be communicated to the applicant within 3 months after the application deadline, therefore the selected start date of the Short Visit should be at least 3 months after the application deadline (which is 1 January, 1 May or 1 September).
The regulations of the host institution where the research project is conducted will apply to the intellectual property as well as any financial benefits resulting from the research performed under the terms and conditions of this scholarship. All the publications must acknowledge the support of the European Urological Scholarship Programme.