Institutions may apply for support to invite a leading European urologist as a visiting professor (ViP). This programme is designed to allow European institutions, that lack the financial resources, to host a European visiting professor for a full four-day stay.
Institutions can apply once a year only and are responsible for providing accommodation and meals for the Visiting Professor. The Visiting Professor should be a leading European Urologist from another country than the applying institution and can participate in the programme only once a year. He must be ready to give lectures, discuss clinical cases, interact with the staff of the host institution, especially junior staff members, and to operate on selected patients if is he asked for.
- The Chairman of the institution has to apply for a financial support at the EUSP Office
- The activities scheduled for the Visiting Professor have to be described in detail to ensure that they are in accordance with his fields of interest.
- A letter of acceptance from the Visiting Professor is to be sent along with a detailed 4-day programme signed by both parties.
- A budget proposal for the travel, accommodation and meals is to be submitted. This budget is not for accompanying persons.
- Both the chairman of the host institution and the Visiting Professor have to be EAU members.
A maximum grant of €1,000 is available for each accepted Visiting Professor to cover travel & accommodation costs for the Visiting Professor, and not for accompanying persons. The grant will be transferred after the visit and based on the receipts that have to be sent.
The host is required to present a report within 1 month after the Visit.
Candidates should apply online and upload the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae both of the applicant & the Visiting Professor
- Motivation letter
- A detailed time schedule of the visit
- A detailed budget
Applications are reviewed by the EUSP Board. The final outcome will be communicated to the applicant within 3 months after the application deadline, therefore the selected start date of the Visiting Professor should be at least 3 months after the application deadline (which is 1 January, 1 May or 1 September).