In collaboration with the EAU Section for Transplantation (ESTU), the EUSP offers a Fellowship on Renal Transplant. During a period of 18 months, you will learn all the ins and outs of urological-nephrological management both surgically and medically. During the first six months, you will participate in all training levels at a certified European centre in Renal Transplant. Participants will then spend the remaining 12 months and complete the fellowship at the Miami Transplant Institute – Jackson Memorial Hospital.
Full integration should be ideally achieved and participation at many levels would need to take place both surgically and medically at the hospital (OR and in the units) and at the clinics along with time spent at the HLA lab and OPO. Educational participation will be required at multidisciplinary meetings such as selection / listing meetings for kidneys, KP and living donors, high-risk committee meetings, and morbidity and mortality reviews. In addition, research opportunities will also exist.
The selection process is led by a Selection Board with urologists and nephrologists proposed from the EAU and the Miami Transplant Institute:
EUSP: Vincenzo Mirone
ESTU: Enrique Lledo Garcia, Arnaldo Figueiredo, F.J. Burgos Revilla & J. Olsburgh
Section Office: Jens Rassweiler
Miami: G. Giancio & G. Guerra
Competitive requirements will be requested of the candidate including:
- National Board Certified Urologist or Nephrologist
- Clinical experience of at least 2 years in Renal Transplant Program centre
- European Board of Urology (EBU) degree should be required or certified
- USMLE (United States Medical Licensing Exam) steps 1 and 2 (at least)
- Should be required or certified. Ideally also step 3
- Academic Commitment to the field under the super-specialization (minimal impact factor): Curriculum Vitae
The following European Excellence centres are certified to welcome fellows of the ESTU Fellowship on Kidney Transplant
ESTU- EAU Fellowship on Kidney Transplant certificate could be awarded on behalf of EAU / EUSP after the completion of the entire Fellowship.