EAU Section of Outpatient and Office Urology (ESUO)
Urological conditions affecting out-patients are not as severe as diseases that require treatment in a hospital. However, these patients need more specialised care than what a general practitioner can offer. Outpatient and Office urologists manage the full breadth of urological conditions but focus on diseases with a moderate extent.
The ESUO aims to:
- Define issues related to office urologists’ scientific and clinical interests
- Create a network of office urologists across Europe
- Collaborate with national associations and affiliated groups with regard to issues affecting office urology
- Examine the working conditions (features and organisation) of office urologists in Europe to clearly define the scope of office urology and enable the planning of relevant activities
- Offer courses on relevant issues during the Annual EAU Congress and in other EAU-organised meetings in close cooperation with other EAU Sections
- Collaborate with scientific organisations in European countries in national meetings
- Participate in the EAU’s e-learning activities to cater to the needs of office urologists who prefer home-based education;
- Continue the regular column in the European Urology Today newsletter
- Provide a literature and slide service to office urologists focussing particularly on research outcomes directly related to their specialty, and
- Offer the participation in own scientific studies focussing the outpatient care
The ESUO’s activities are meant to serve all outpatient and office urologists, including non-EAU members. We also welcome urologists from out-patient departments of clinics, resident doctors who are urologists-in-training, and career urologists with a deep interest in office urology.