The EAU represents the leading authority within Europe on urological practice, research, and education. Over 18,000 medical professionals have joined its ranks and contributed to our mission: To raise the level of urological care throughout Europe and beyond.
- To act as the representative body for European urologists and facilitate the continued development of urology and all its supraspecialties
- To foster the highest standards of urological care throughout Europe
- To encourage urological research and enable the broadcasting of its results
- To promote contributions to the medical and scientific literature by its members
- To promote European urological achievements worldwide
- To establish European standards for training and urological practice
- To contribute to the determination of European urological health care policies
- To disseminate high quality urological information to patients and public
The EAU Bylaws govern the organisation and operation of the EAU. They are the official documents in which the administrative structure and way of working of the organisation is laid down.
The origins of our continent-wide Association stretch back to the early 1970s. In over forty years, the EAU has grown enormously in both membership and scope.
The foundation of the EAU transcended the political climate that initially divided the continent, putting the improvement of patient care at the forefront of everything it does.
Walk in the footprints of our former presidents through the interactive timeline and read all about the hightlights that the Annual EAU Congresses have brought us.
Visit the EAU Congress History website to find out everything there is to know about all the congresses.