At the core of the EAU Research Foundation (EAU RF) is its mission to promote, facilitate, and stimulate clinical and basic research. To achieve this, the foundation acts as a bridge among urological centres, research organisations, and the EAU.
The EAU Research Foundation (EAU RF) strives towards a future wherein European urology research is abounding, relevant, high-quality, and yielded through a consolidated collaborative infrastructure. The EAU RF aims to fulfill and continue the following:
- Identify needs and opportunities for urological research in Europe
- Establish a solid infrastructure that can support research initiatives in Europe
- Design and perform clinical and basic research trials relevant to the European urological community
- Set up and maintain registries of urological diseases
- Develop and carry out collaborative projects in research with the participation of the pharmaceutical and medical technology industry
- Support high-potential urology researchers through fellowship and career opportunities
The EAU RF is comprised of 3 committees which are coordinated by the Executive Board.
- Clinical Studies Committee (EAU clinical registries and registry centres)
- EAU Registries
(EAU clinical trials and trial centres, EAU expert committees, and clinical research scholarship)
All EAU RF projects are implemented by the EAU Central Research Office wherein main tasks include study protocol, quality management, data management, statistical analyses and report.
- Basic Research Committee (EAU basic research laboratories, EAU registry of methodologies, EAU basic research network, and basic research scholarship opportunities)
Part of EAU RF’s structure includes representation of the European Urology Scholarship Programme and the EAU Office Commercial Affairs.