For a duration of 2 to 3 weeks, the Short Visit provides you with a first-rate learning experience at a centre of excellence in Europe. The programme can be a precursor to the 1-Year Scholarship and Clinical Fellowship programmes.
Who is eligible?
You are eligible to apply if you are:
- an EAU member
- a urologist or a urologist-in-training aged 45 years or younger. Exceptions can be made for projects that are worth considering.
- a first or co-author of 1 or more peer-reviewed international PubMed publications
How to apply
When you apply online, please include the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of your passport
- List of your PubMed publication(s) with PubMed ID number(s)
- Structured motivation letter about the project (1 - 2 pages)
- Recommendation letter by at least 1 senior urologist from an institution in your country printed on the institution's letterhead paper
- Confirmation letter from the host centre's Chairman and/or Programme Director printed on centre’s letterhead paper
About the scholarship grant
A maximum grant of €2,000 is allotted for each Short Visit. The grant will be transferred in 2 parts:
- 80% will be transferred approximately 1 month before the start date
- 20% will be transferred after the EUSP Board approves the final report and financial overview
Every year, there are 3 deadline dates for the scholarship application: 1st of January, 1st of May, and 1st of September.
Application review process
The EUSP Board will evaluate all applications and the outcome will be communicated to the candidates within 3 months after the application deadline. The EUSP Board’s decision is final and no further appeal will be accepted.
After the Short Visit, the scholar is required to present a report which should include the following:
- Clinical or scientific achievement
- Impressions of the host centre
- Evaluation of the provisions made by the host centre for the successful conduct of the project
Intellectual property and financial benefits
The regulations of the host centre will apply to the intellectual property and any financial benefits resulting from the research performed under the terms and conditions of this scholarship. All the publications must acknowledge the support of the EUSP.
Start your application
Log in below with your MyEAU credentials to begin the application process.