The Young Academic Urologist play a key role in the continuously improvement of urological practice, research and education. We are looking for young urologists and other specialists involved in genitourinary care (<40 years) to contribute in helping to grow these initiatives.
Minimum criteria to join the YAU are:
- To be <40 years old
- To be EAU member
- To be affiliated to an academic institution
- To have a track of at least 5 publications in the sub-field of expertise as first, second or last authors. Peer-reviewed journals in English can be considered
If you have not yet published 5 articles you can also apply as Associate member.
Types of Membership
Full Members: setting up new projects and contribute to the projects of other group members. Full members are anticipated to attend the YAU Spring Meeting at the Annual EAU Congress and the YAU Autumn Meeting that is organised during EMUC.
For the Autumn Meeting one night hotel accommodation, congress registration and flight expenses up to € 400,- are covered for full members.
Associate Members: involved in the data processing of the different group projects and other tasks at hand. Based on personal performance and available slots in the group, associates may be promoted to full member.
Associates are invited to attend the YAU Spring and Autumn Meeting. Travel and accommodation is at own expense.
If you are interested to join the EAU Young Academic Urologists Group, please send an application to email@example.com which should include:
- CV (Download sheet)
- Letter of motivation + Statement for the group of interest
- Letter of recommendation of the academic tutor/responsible, signed and printed on letterhead paper of the institute
- New Scientific Project draft (less than 500 words)
- Signed Conflict of Interest form
1 May and 1 December of each year.
The applications are evaluated periodically by a body of peer-reviewers through a standardised evaluation form to guarantee transparency and objectivity.
Ex-officio and associate member positions are only available depending on the internal decision of each working group.
Membership lasts for 4 years but it is appraised annually.
Membership can be renovated for a further 4-year term if the candidate still fulfills the minimum criteria and the internal approval.