The 2017 edition of the Annual Meeting of the American Urological Association will be taking place in Boston, on May 12-16. As a major meeting in the global urological calendar, many of our members will be attending, or in some cases speaking. Please come visit the EAU Booth if you have any questions about our Association, such as membership, our services and our upcoming meetings.
As every year, the AUA Annual Meeting features a prestigious EAU lecture. This year it will be given by European Urology Editor-in-Chief and member of the EAU Scientific Congress Office, Mr. James Catto (GB). His lecture will take place on Monday, May 15th at 8:30am, and is titled: “Genomic Revolution in Bladder Cancer: Fast Approaching or a Distant Dream?”
Mr. Catto will also be speaking on the long-term outcomes from early re-resection in patients with high-risk non-muscle invasive bladder cancer on Friday and on basic research and pathophysiology in bladder cancer on Sunday. See the full list of EAU-related lectures at the end of this article.
Other key EAU speakers are our Secretary General, Prof. Chris Chapple (GB), discussing contemporary pharmacotherapy for OAB on Saturday, and Adjunct Secretaries General Prof. Hendrik Van Poppel (BE) and Prof. Francesco Montorsi (IT).
Prof. Van Poppel will be speaking on surgical therapy for localised kidney cancer on Sunday, and will participate in a panel discussion on the necessity of extended node dissections for bladder and renal cancer on Monday.
Prof. Montorsi is covering three prostate cancer-related topics: robotic prostatectomy, localized prostate cancer and a special talk on complex cases on Tuesday.
EAU Lecture and participation of EAU Executive Members:
- European Association of Urology (EAU) Lecture: Genomic Revolution in Bladder Cancer: Fast Approaching or a Distant Dream?Monday, May 158:30 AM – 8:45 AM
- MP21-02: The long term outcomes from early re-resection in patients with high-risk non-muscle invasive bladder cancerFriday, May 123:30 PM – 5:30 PM
- MP65: Bladder Cancer: Basic Research & Pathophysiology IIISunday, May 143:30 PM – 5:30 PM
- 026IC: Contemporary Pharmacotherapy for OABSaturday, May 1310:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Hendrik Van Poppel:
- MP49: Kidney Cancer: Localized: Surgical Therapy IISunday, May 147:00 AM – 9:00 AM
- Panel Discussion: Do we Need Extended Node Dissections for Bladder and Renal Cancer?Monday, May 153:00 PM – 3:20 PM
- Robotic Prostatectomy for Local Advanced / Oligometstatic Prostate CancerSunday, May 142:55 PM – 3:10 PM
- MP64: Prostate Cancer: Localized: Surgical Therapy VSunday, May 143:30 PM – 5:30 PM
- Complex Cases: Prostate CancerTuesday, May 168:00 AM – 8:30 AM