The PRAISE-U project is broken down into six Work Packages.
The four core Work Packages are designed to gather knowledge, develop protocols for screening programs, pilot test the developed protocols, and evaluate the results. The two overarching Work Packages provide a framework for the entire project and include coordinating the project and disseminating the results. Each Work Package builds on the results of the previous one, and together they contribute to the ultimate goal of reducing Prostate Cancer morbidity and mortality.
- Work Package 1 acts as the template for the overview, coordination and quality assurance of the project. Progress will be assessed by tracking the timely completion of milestones and deliverables, and the monitoring of planned resources.
- Work Package 2 acts as the foundation to Work Packages 3, 4, and 5 by developing a living state of play document, a needs assessment report, performance indicators, and the Platform Knowledge Hub on Prostate Cancer screening.
- Work Package 3 will build upon the results of Work Package 2 to design the protocols and other research tools for the different pilots to evaluate the risk based screenings.
- Work Package 4 is the setup and coordination of pilot studies in the host countries. The objectives of this is to facilitate the sharing of knowledge between the pilot sites and core scientific team, ensure the implementation of the agreed protocol and tools, and streamline data collection and monitoring of indicators.
- Work Package 5 will assess the functionality, feasibility, and sustainability of screening pilots by analysing performance of all the pilot sites, comparisons between pilot sites, and comparisons with the pre-pilot situation, using amongst others, the performance indicators as defined in Work Package 2.
- Work Package 6 runs in parallel with the other Work packages during the entire lifecycle of the project, focusing on the communication and dissemination of the project’s aims, approach and results. Work Package 6 will support all partners to ensure information flow from other Work Packages and to enable for external dissemination and communication. Its key purpose is to ensure that all relevant information.
In direct partnership with a network of consortium members, PRAISE-U works to encourage early detection and diagnosis of prostate cancer through customised and risk-based screening programmes.