In the run-up to the congress we prepared an “Itinerary” for office urologists selecting plenary and thematic sessions of a special interest to office urology. Through a link in the congress homepage this road-map makes the congress planning easier for our colleagues.
Our section got the opportunity of two meetings:
Our official section meeting was a joint meeting together with the EAU Section of Infections in Urology (ESIU, chairman: Prof Florian Wagenlehner) on
“Uro-genital infections: What is important in urologic office?”
The chairmen of the meeting were H. Haas, Heppenheim (DE) and P. Tenke, Budapest (HU).
The rules of the game: the ESUO speakers presented cases and keynote speeches and the ESIU speaker told the audience what to learn from science concerning these subjects. Then we had discussions together with the audience.
The topics covered were:
- “Severe UTI: When can they be managed in the office, when to be transferred to the clinic?” – M. Haensel, Rotterdam (NL), Z. Tandoğdu, Edinburgh (GB)
- “HPV vaccination in men: to whom and when” – Ł. Zapała, Warsawa (PL), Cai, Trento (IT)
- “When to treat a UTI: The differences between asymptomatic bacteruria and symptomatic UTI. Treatment in patients with urinary diversion”, Dimitriadis, Thessaloniki (GR), B. Wullt, Lund (SE)
- “Urogenital tuberculosis and BCGitis: How to diagnose, how to manage” – Brenneis, Pirmasens (DE), E. Kulchavenya, Novosibirsk (RU)
- “Recent developments of new antibiotics” – H. Kuru, Köln (DE), K. Naber, Straubing (DE)
In our second meeting “How to run a European urologic office successfully” (chairmen: H. Haas (DE), S.M. Haensel (NL), A. Zachariou (GR)) the ESUO speakers dealt with the subjects:
- “Networking in urologic office” (H. Brenneis, DE)
- “The new European data protection law (GDPR): practical implications in daily practice” (S.M. Haensel, NL)
- “How to market your urology practice ethically and economically” (A. Zachariou, GR)
- “Social media in office urology” (S. Czarniecki, PL)
“Future of office urology in Europe” (S.M. Haensel, NL)