Elevate your medical leadership skills and take your career to the next level with the Young Urologists Office (YUO) Leadership Programme, a blended learning method specifically designed for EAU members under the age of 40 years to improve their (medical) leadership skills.
The aim of this one-year programme is to take your career to the next level via an online community where every participant will share their experience insights, gain new knowledge, expand their international network and interact with peers on different medical leadership topics. In order to train you in the best way, the leadership programme will take you through the following steps:
1. Pre-assignment: Survey to gather your personal needs & expectations.
2. Kick-off online event to introduce you to the programme and your digital team community.
3. masterclasses each with a specific theme/current topic. The themes will be partly derived from the intake of the participants, completed with topical issues. These masterclasses will alternate short theory sessions and interaction in small groups and will consist of the following elements:
- opening and brief introduction;
- short presentation of theory around the theme;
- discussion in subgroups about personal views and context related to the theme;
- plenary summary and dissemination of handouts.
- After each masterclass interested participants have the opportunity for a more in-depth discussion of 2 hours in the afternoon. Participants will discuss and analyse personal case histories in small groups facilitated by FProfs.
4. Monthly online team meetings focusing on sharing experiences and views between young urologists both on specific themes as well as on relevant case studies. Especially themes that are usually less discussed during your normal work. During lunchtime, you can discuss personal real situations in a safe environment. In that way, you can reflect on your own behaviour and environment. The case studies can, for example, focus on:
- Leadership, innovation and execution
- Adaptive challenges and technical fixes
- Task maturity and measuring your team accordingly
- Leadership during or after a crisis
- Breaking ineffective patterns
- In preparation, relevant literature will be made available
5. After each meeting challenges, assignments or issues are to be put into practice. In this way, we create a rhythm of learning and evolving over time.
6. In between meetings, academic articles on current topics (linked to the discussed topics in the meetings) are being provided which can be discussed in a chat group that is accessible through a digital learning platform.
7. Follow-up: an evaluation based on end survey with a certificate of attendance.
The first kick-off masterclass is organised on 1st September. The fee for this one-year programme is €200.- (excl. VAT).
Eligibility criteria to apply for this programme are:
- EAU Membership is mandatory
- Maximum Age: 40 years
To proceed with your application please send the following documents, before the deadline of 6th August, to firstname.lastname@example.org :
- Letter of Motivation including your personal learning objectives
We are looking forward to receiving your application and guiding you in your next steps in medical leadership!
Share this on your favourite network: