Webinar: prostate cancer and cardiovascular disease symposium
What clinical factors influence treatment decisions for localized prostate cancer?
This program is designed to meet the continuing education (CE) needs of cardiologists, oncologists, hematologists, urologists, nurses, and other allied healthcare professionals involved in the treatment of prostate cancer patients and management of CVD.
|International Cardio Oncology Society, EAU & AUA
|To be approved
Learning objectives:The overall purpose of this event is to discuss state-of-the-art and recent advances in the care of men with prostate cancer with an emphasis on CVD disease prevention and optimal management while striving to enhance learners’ knowledge and competency to incorporate evidence-based updates in clinical practice. At the conclusion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Explain the CV risks and benefits of different management strategies for men with newly diagnosed prostate cancer
- Relate contemporary outcomes following prostatectomy and the principles surrounding optimal patient selection
- Discuss the importance of cardiovascular risk factors in men with prostate cancer and how these might be addressed
- Name recent practice-changing clinical trials in the management of advanced prostate cancer
- Describe the role of adjuvant androgen deprivation therapy in patients undergoing radiotherapy for prostate cancer and the potential impact on the CV system
- Discuss challenging management dilemmas incorporating the treatment of CVD in men with advanced prostate cancer
- Identify emerging areas of clinical research and themes regarding CVD disease prevention before, during, and after treatment in the care of men with prostate cancer