For a duration of 6 to 12 weeks at a reputable European institution abroad, you will immerse yourself in the best practices by observing experts in the field. Together, you will work on a structured project to achieve an international peer-reviewed publication.
You are eligible to apply if you are:
- an EAU member
- a urologist or a urologist-in-training aged 45 years or younger. Exceptions can be made for projects that are worth considering.
- a first or co-author of 1 or more peer-reviewed international PubMed publications
When you apply online, please include the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of your passport
- List of your PubMed publication(s) with the PubMed ID number(s)
- Motivation letter about the project, including a timeframe and a structured project proposal (1-3 pages)
- Recommendation letter by at least 1 senior urologist from an institution in your country printed on the institution's letterhead paper
- Confirmation letter from the host centre's Chairman and/or Programme Director printed on centre’s letterhead paper; kindly note that institutions may only host one EUSP scholar at a time
A maximum grant of €3,000, depending on the length, is allotted to each accepted Clinical Visit. The grant will be transferred in 2 parts:
- 80% will be transferred approximately 1 month before the start date
- 20% will be transferred after the EUSP Board approves the final report and financial overview
Every year, there are 3 deadline dates for the scholarship application: 1st of January, 1st of May, and 1st of September.
The EUSP Board will evaluate all applications and the outcome will be communicated to the candidates within 3 months after the application deadline. The EUSP Board’s decision is final and no further appeal will be accepted.
After the Clinical Visit, the scholar is required to present a report which should include the following:
- Clinical or scientific achievement
- Impressions of the host centre
- Evaluation of the provisions made by the host centre for the successful conduct of the project
The regulations of the host centre will apply to the intellectual property and any financial benefits resulting from the research performed under the terms and conditions of this scholarship. All the publications must acknowledge the support of the EUSP.
Log in below with your MyEAU credentials to begin the application process.