In collaboration with the EAU Section for Transplantation (ESTU), the EUSP offers a fellowship on renal transplant. During a period of 18 months, you will learn all the ins and outs of urological-nephrological management both surgically and medically. During the first 6 months, you will participate in all training levels at a certified European centre that offers a renal transplant programme. Participants will then spend the remaining 12 months and complete the fellowship at the Miami Transplant Institute – Jackson Memorial Hospital.
Full integration should be ideally achieved. Participation at many levels would need to take place both surgically and medically at the hospital (OR and in the units) and at the clinics, along with time spent at the HLA lab and OPO. Educational participation will be required at multidisciplinary meetings such as selection/listing meetings for kidneys, KP, and living donors, high-risk committee meetings, and morbidity and mortality reviews. In addition, research opportunities will also exist.
The selection process is led by a Selection Board with urologists and nephrologists proposed from the EAU and the Miami Transplant Institute (MTI):
- EUSP: Prof. Dr. Axel Merseburger
- ESTU: Prof. Dr. Enrique Lledó García, Prof. Arnaldo José Figueiredo, Prof. Francisco Javier Burgos Revilla, and Dr. Jonathon Olsburgh
- Section Office: Prof. Dr. Jens Rassweiler
- MTI: Dr. Gaetano Ciancio and Dr. Giselle Guerra
The candidate must submit/meet the following requirements:
- Curriculum Vitae
- National Board-Certified Urologist or Nephrologist
- Clinical experience of at least 2 years in a centre that offers a renal transplant programme
- European Board of Urology (EBU)-certified
- Passed at least steps 1 and 2 of the United States Medical Licensing Exam (USMLE)
- Publication(s) in scientific journals that meet the minimal Impact Factor; this is to illustrate his/her academic commitment to the super-specialised field
European centres of excellence are certified to welcome fellows of the ESTU Fellowship on Kidney Transplant.
ESTU- EAU Fellowship on Kidney Transplant certificate can be awarded on behalf of EAU/EUSP after the completion of the entire Fellowship.
Log in below with your MyEAU credentials to begin the application process.