Summary of changes
For the 2023 Testicular Cancer Guidelines, a new literature search was not performed. However, the panel concentrated on a forensic review of all the recommendations and supporting text. This resulted in a few key changes including:
- Replacing some of the older citations with newer references.
- The recent re-validation of the 1997 International Germ Cell Cancer Collaborative Group (IGCCCG) prognostic risk-factor based system for metastatic testicular Germ cell tumours in patients treated with cisplatin-etoposide as first-line chemotherapy has been included in the text replacing the old version with the corresponding references;
- New supporting text regarding VTE prophylaxis in males with metastatic germ cell tumours (GCTs) receiving chemotherapy has been added;
- Update of the histological classifications in sections 3.2 as well as inclusion of the World Health Organization (WHO) 2022 pathological classification;
- Three appendices on computerised tomography; prevention of thromboembolism and quality of life and long-term toxicities after cure of testicular cancer; have been created and will be available online at https://uroweb.org/guidelines/testicular-cancer/publications-appendices.
For the 2024 print a broad and comprehensive literature search, covering all sections of the Testicular Cancer guideline, will be performed and all new and relevant evidence will be identified, collated and appraised through a structured assessment.