The EAU represents the leading authority within Europe on urological practice, research and education. Over 18,000 medical professionals have joined its ranks and contribute to our mission: To raise the level of urological care throughout Europe and beyond. As an organization, the EAU offers an extensive package of products and services relating to science, education and publications (scientific journals, Guidelines) to their members. We organise several meetings and congresses during the year. The EAU is based in Arnhem, The Netherlands, and employs around 80 enthusiastic, international professionals.
The production of clinical guidelines is an integral part of the ongoing EAU educational efforts. Clinical guidelines summarise the best evidence available at the time of their publication aiming to assist clinicians in making informed decisions about their patients. Multi-disciplinary panels of experts – currently 20 different panels – produce these documents under the supervision of a Board of experts. This ongoing process results in a number of different supplementary publications (scientific papers, short-reference documents and online applications, amongst others).
For the Guidelines Office, the EAU is looking for a
Coordinator Guidelines Office m/f
32-40 hrs a week
The Coordinator will take on a key position in guarding timelines throughout the production process. You are able to independently communicate at the appropriate level with medical professionals and colleagues, as well as any other parties involved in this process (research scientists, statisticians, medical writers, printers etc.). Additional activities include retrieval of scientific publications and end-product enhancement (proofreading and reference checks) in collaboration with the Guidelines Manager.
Personal initiative and the ability to work under time pressure are crucial attributes as well as an interest in the subject matter.
- Assist in determining production timelines together with the Guidelines Office Board, the expert panels and the Guidelines Manager
- Guard timelines
- Assist in data management (scientists search results, different text versions, etc.)
- Identify (potential) problems and help find solutions, together with the Guidelines Manager
- Ability to cover certain areas independently (interaction with other international societies regarding translations, commercial reprints, EAU website management – Uroweb -. etc)
- Assist with text production (delivery deadlines, proofreading, etc.)
- Coordination of the peer review process and submission of scientific articles to European Urology (scientific journal of the EAU)
- Sending welcoming packages/documents to new members of the expert panels
- Attending panel and board meetings several times a year
- Contribute to the production of both a digital newsletter and the EAU newsletter (European Urology Today)
- Assisting in or coordinating side projects related to the Guidelines Office
Relevant education, knowledge and experience
The ideal candidate;
- has a scientific background (university degree, any other high-level scientific education (HBO) or experience gained in a similar position 3-5 years);
- possesses excellent writing and speaking skills in English, UK/US native speakers are explicitly invited to apply;
- basic knowledge of systematic review and synthesis methods would be an advantage.
- is a team player with a considerable measure of tact and patience;
- is available to travel (approximately 15 times a year);
- possesses a high level of organisational and project management skills, ability to plan, is accurate, conscientious and result-oriented;
- is driven and flexible and
- is based in or nearby Arnhem, The Netherlands.
Terms of employment
Within the organization, ample opportunities exist for personal and professional growth. The EAU offers an attractive salary package including an 80% employer pension contribution, collective insurance and a very interesting position in an informal and international working environment.
For more information please contact Karin Plass, Guidelines Manager, T 026 3890680. Please mail your letter of application and CV to email@example.com attn. Sanne Gerritsen, Manager Human Resources, best before 20 March 2021.
Responses of recruitment agencies upon this advertisement will not be appreciated.
Share this on your favourite network: