New and relevant evidence has been identified, collated and appraised through a structured assessment of the literature and incorporated in all chapters of the 2018 EAU PCa Guidelines.
Key changes for the 2018 print:
The literature for the complete document has been assessed and updated, where relevant. The treatment sections have been completely restructured and evidence summaries and recommendations have been amended throughout the current document.
Several new sections have been added:
- Section 188.8.131.52 - Fluoride PET and PET/CT, choline PET/CT and MRI;
- Section 184.108.40.206 - Prostate-specific membrane antigen-based PET/CT;
- Section 220.127.116.11 - Summary of evidence and practical consideration regarding initial N/M staging.
Specific sections of the text have been updated based on systematic review (SR) questions prioritised by the Guidelines Panel. These reviews were performed using standard Cochrane SR methodology; http://www.cochranelibrary.com/about/about-cochrane-systematic-reviews.html:
- Section 18.104.22.168 - Multiparametric magnetic resonance imaging (mpMRI) and Section 22.214.171.124.3 – Imaging for treatment selection.
- Section - 126.96.36.199.1 Pelvic lymph node dissection and Section 188.8.131.52.1 - Early complications of extended lymph node dissection.