Summary of changes
Key changes in the 2023 publication include:
- Section 3.7.9 - New recommendations on clinical and biochemical follow up during testosterone therapy.
- Section 188.8.131.52 – Regeneration therapies for the treatment of erectile dysfunction.
- Section 184.108.40.206.1 – Botulinum Neurotoxin for the treatment of erectile dysfunction.
- Section 9 - Addition of a new guidelines section on penile size abnormalities and dysmorphophobia.
- Section 10.1.2.5 – New recommendation related to the diagnosis of ischaemic priapism.
The results of ongoing and new systematic reviews will be included in the 2024 update of the Sexual and Reproductive Health Guidelines. Systematic reviews in progress and planned for inclusion in the 2024 update include:
- Vasectomy and male contraception.
- Penile prosthesis implantation peri-operative complications.
- Sexual function outcomes in men undergoing interventions for prostate cancer.